Search This Blog

Sunday, August 22, 2010

An update from the president

Greetings everyone!


Today is probably going to be spent hurrying about, getting ready for the start of a new school year. I'm so glad that my first grader will be enjoying another year at South Hills Elementary. Our school has such a dedicated staff. I personally feel very blessed to be a part of the Wildcat family.


Now it's time for an honest recollection: Last year I reluctantly joined PTA. I sent in my dues money just to "do the right thing." I didn't know how--or if--my money would make a difference.


I quickly learned that all PTA money is put to good use. I joined the PTA board, and got an inside look at how we support students and staff members. Here are a few of the things we've helped with...


  • Reading is Fundamental (RIF): A free, brand-new book for EVERY student several times a year. (Over $1,000 is necessary to keep this program going!)

  • Refreshments and food for school/staff events

  • Visit from the Fort Worth Zoo, for pre-K and K students

  • Planners for 5th graders for this school year

None of this is possible without YOUR support. We want to continue these projects and embark on many, many more. Your $6 dues make it happen.

A membership envelope and letter will be coming home with your child soon. I encourage you to look it over and submit your dues.

Whether or not you join PTA, we want to hear from you. What programs would you like PTA take on? How can we better serve the school? How can we improve? Let us know. You can send an e-mail to southhillspta@gmail.com. Or just drop a note in the PTA box located in the office.

You can also call me personally: 817-845-6151. Like many of you, I work full time. So I might not catch your call the first time around. Please leave me a message and I'll get back with you right away.

Have a great year everyone. Go Wildcats!

~Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment